- Preparation will take longer than you think so give yourself plenty of time to plan, practise, get in shape and try out the equipment.
- All the things you realise you need will cost you a fortune. So save up, beg your family for money or use crowdfunding well in advance.
- All those things will take a long time to study, find, figure out which kind you want or need or can afford, so again, take your time.
- Test your equipment thoroughly.
- Get your body used to biking slowly. Do not rush! There are many days of biking ahead of you.
- Cream can't take more than about 200 km in a bike trailer before it gets whipped.
- Set camp early every afternoon. It takes longer than you think, as does the unsetting in the morning.
This page is intended to summarise some of all those experiences this journey has given me. So if you are going to do something similar I hope this will help.