Tuesday 23 August 2016

Is it a bike tour or a cool transport?

So I want to be able to cope on my own for as long as possible once out on the road. Hence the solar panels. And the multifuel burner. And a cooler! Compressor driven, to save energy. The smallest I was able to find on the market was the Waeco Cool Freeze CF-11 so I called Dometic and talked to Martin Sandell who thought the trip was an excellent idea and of course I would get a good deal! On a true sinus 12/230 V converter too, no problem.

So I happily got my stuff and placed the cooler in the bike trailer:

It's huge. It is made for a car and in the backseat it probably looks great but a bicycle trailer is so small...

But thou shall never give up! Contemplating the problem and playing around with different solutions I realised the axletree was screwed to the frame. That means wheels can be lowered (or the frame lifted) and suddenly things looked better:
Looking at it from the other side:




No comments:

Post a Comment