Thursday 18 August 2016

The bike

After very much research and trying every e-bike I could find around Gothenburg, I came to the conclusion that it would be a front suspension bike, and Crescent was the best. They had a good mountainbike equipped with the Bosch e-bike system. (This was just before Shimano came with their mountainbike e-bike system.) All other bikes were too weak (Skeppshult, EcoRide etc), didn't feel as solid (Batavus etc) or had an old-style system (like Specialized having the engine on the back-wheel).

The bike I decided for was called Crescent Elgar. If you search for that now on Crescent's homepage, however, you'll find an e-bike with full suspension but otherwise like mine. Which probably makes sense because they should have a hardcore, full suspension bike and my front suspension was, I guess, a half-arsed attempt...

What I miss the most on my old Elgar are screw holes for mudguards, bottle holders, carrier etc. Now the mudguards are fastened with cable ties, the carrier is a Thule one that doesn't need screw holes but isn't totally relieble and for the bottle I found a really fancy holder that is fastened on the saddle. But in all a lot of work that could have been done in the factory. (And is, in all new Crescent e-bikes.)

I am very happy with the bike, though. It is fast, it is stable and it feels strong and reliable. And it is quite nice to ride even without a battery. The handlebar is quite wide which add to that powerful feeling. Put the engine in turbo mode and you feel like Terminator!


No comments:

Post a Comment