Thursday 18 August 2016

Shoes

One day as I was testing bikes I wore boots. Boots are not good for biking. Another day I was wearing my comfortable Brooks Puregrit 4 but they were cold as the wind went right through. Not good.

I don't want bicycle shoes as they are too stiff, making the foot weak in the end and totally useless. The argument that "you can lift the pedal" is not valid as elite cyclists do not do that. And I have never slipped off a pedal, not even on a ladies' bike and these new pedals have claws gripping the shoe! (Well...)

Probably low shoes with goretex, I thought and went to my favourite shoe shop Löp & Sko here in Linné, Gothenburg. As always they had the perfect shoe: The Asics GEL-FujiTrabuco 4 G-TX.

One reason I like the shop is that if you ever have any problem with any shoe they make sure to take care of it, fix the shoe or even give you a new pair. Now I have had problems with a pair of Rockport shoes (the heel turned out to be a thin layer only of rubber with plastic underneath, not like the classic black Rockport shoes I have) so they gave me 30% off. That's good service.

As I've travelled some 700km I do like the shoes but the fact they are quite well-ventilated also makes them cold when the temperature drops and the wind increases. Not sure how to tackle that problem, though. I still think well-ventilated is better than not...

No comments:

Post a Comment